Saturday, May 18, 2019

Someone Stole My Gluten Free Brownies

Well I was going to do a review on these King Arthur Gluten Free brownies but someone stole some before I had a chance to take a picture. I'm still not sure if it was my husband or my 8 year old (my 1 year is napping so she's not in the investigation) but apparently they smelled so good someone had to slice into them before they were fully done cooling.
This mix uses a combination of almond flour and tapioca starch instead of traditional wheat flour and also uses baking powder to help the brownie rise to resemble normal gluten brownies. I'm all about convenience since I'm always at the office so I was pretty excited to get this from Amazon prime and not have to battle lines at a grocery store. I purchased these in an Amazon order from prime pantry along with a few other staples I keep around the house. I also purchased some of Amazon's wickedly good soups so I will have to do another review later on.
Here's my thoughts:
These smell amazing and the cocoa texture is decadent without being overly rich or sweet like some brownies. These are chewy around the edges but seem to stay a bit doughy in the center even when baking at the maximum time (45 minutes for glass pans). After chewing I did noticed some of the graininess all of the almond flour but it didn't really bother me like some previous recipes I had tried. Overall I would definitely purchase these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment