Tuesday, July 24, 2012
The Truth about HPV Vaccination
This vaccination is now being mandated in certain states due to pharmaceutical lobbying to our legislation. This vaccine is also being sent to third world countries as well in an effort to reach out in effort for them to become "one less". Our current medical system is supposed to be evidence based and with current treatments showing promising results with treatment for conditions. Yet our current HPV vaccination methods leave much to be desired and have no evidence basis for mass vaccination of our children as a benefit for preventing cervical cancer.
In clinical trials and testing for the Gardasil HPV vaccine, a inferior HPV test was used to screen for cancer in those that received the vaccine. This same test only has a 57.6% success rate in identifying cervical cancer out of the 624 possible cancers to be detected. The National Cancer Institute used an inferior test in an effort to make their trials appear more successful when in fact they are on the payroll and helped create the HPV vaccination. In addition, these same trials lumped saline and aluminum injections together as a placebo in an effort to increase side effects in the placebo group to again make trials appear more successful than separated statistics.
In addition, these trials also tout that side effects are rare and most complaints are of a minimal nature of redness and pain around the injection site. However in one study 73.3% of the trial participants reported serious side effects from the vaccination. This statistic is staggeringly higher than "rare". Any side effects or medical conditions found after HPV vaccination need to be reported to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System, VAERS, so that we can truly track the side effects and sheer numbers of adverse events being reported. Many of these conditions may not be diagnosed until months later and then not associated back to the vaccination, so please be mindful of new symptoms after HPV vaccination.
The most commonly reported reactions are pain, swelling, itching, bruising, redness at the injection site, headache, fever, nausea, dizziness, fainting, and vomiting. However more serious side effects that are less common include difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, hives or rash, swollen glands, joint pain, leg pain, chest pain, unusual tiredness, weakness, confusion, chills, achy muscles, difficulty keeping food down, seizures, and skin infection. In addition, there have been reports of death, convulsions, paresthesia, paralysis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, transverse myelitis, facial palsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, anaphylaxis, autoimmune disorders, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolisms, and cervical cancer! In the three months between August and September 2011, adverse event reports for the HPV vaccination alone increased by 1000! Read more HPV statistics here.
So what can you do to protect yourself and your children from cervical cancer naturally?
1) Get a pap smear every year. Regular pap smears can detect cell changes before they progress to cervical cancer. Most women diagnosed with cervical cancer have either not had a pap smear before or haven't had one in the last five years.
2) Don't rely on a vaccination. These vaccinations not only have harmful side effects but they have not been proven to protect against all forms of cervical cancer. Pap smears and cervical screenings are still needed even after HPV vaccination.
3) Practice safe sex and responsibility. Condoms can lower your chances of getting HPV that can lead to cervical cancer and may also protect from certain forms of genital warts. However be mindful that HPV may reside on other areas that aren't covered by a condom, so be responsible by being faithful, limiting your number of sexual partners, and getting routine pap smears.
4) Keep your immune system strong. Make sure you're taking a multivitamin like Daily Balance that will ensure you're getting the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs. It's also a great idea to make sure that you're "good gut bacteria" are in balance to help prevent other harmful bacteria from getting a foot hold in your body. I recommend a good probiotic like Ultrabiotic. Please be sure to check with your doctor before taking supplements if you are on immune system lowering medications.
5) Support your nervous system. Your nervous system controls everything in your body and can help you respond quickly and efficiently to any foreign invaders or threats to your health. Your body has the ability to fight cancer every day if it is functioning properly which means that your nervous system is working at 100%. Not sure if you're nervous system is functioning at 100%? Check with your chiropractor as their main focus is on your nervous system and making sure that it is functioning properly!
Want more information about vaccines and the potential side effects and harm? Join me on August 22nd at 6pm at AlignLife 4812 N Sheridan Road in Peoria IL for a presentation about the Hidden Dangers of Vaccination.